- Issue Time
- Jan 6,2022
If you want to get the precautions for using diamond saw blades, you can find a lot of relevant and useful information in this article.
For the material to be cut, always follow the blade specifications recommended by the manufacturer. The correct product selection will ensure the best cutting performance and safe operation. In addition to paying attention to the selection of diamond saw blades, we also need to pay attention to the following matters during use.
1. Do not make long continuous cuts or deep cuts in a single pass with a dry diamond blade. Utilize a slight pendulum movement to help keep the blade running cool.
2. Do not cut too deep, it is recommended that no single pass should exceed 25/32mm in depth.
3. Do not apply excessive pressure to force the blade through the cut quickly, this will generate extreme heat at the cutting edge of the blade, resulting in rapid wear and reduced cutting performance. The weight of the machine itself should be sufficient to make the cut.
4. Do not attempt to cut curves, grind or rake out mortar joints with flat diamond cutting blades. (Specialist blades are available for these applications.)
5. Cool the blade by running it in the air every few minutes. Remove the blade from the cut to run “free” with no load. This allows air to flow around the blade helping to dissipate the heat build-up. The harder the material is cut, the more often the blade should be allowed to cool.
6. Blades can lose their cutting edge when used to continuously cut hard materials, the cutting performance can be returned by “dressing” the diamond segments. Make a few cuts in a soft material such as a concrete block, soft brick, or an old silicon carbide sharpening stone. this will
help restore the cutting edge.
7. Ensure there is a continuous water flow to each side of the blade. Gravity feeds do not necessarily supply a sufficient water flow. Water pumps on concrete saws are “booster” pumps only and they are not suitable as a primary pressure source. An adequate coolant supply is required for wet cutting blades to maintain blade life and cutting efficiently.
If we can implement the above principles in the process of applying diamond blades, we can protect the blades from abrasion and extend their service life. If you want to know more about the use of diamond blades, MORETOP is happy to provide you with relevant information for your reference.
MORETOP is a professional manufacturer of multi-function power tool accessories. We have become a leader in this industry with our excellent R&D technology and superb manufacturing technology. We are equipped with a professional production team and a strict quality inspection system, which can control the quality of the products in an all-round way. At the same time, we will also provide effective solutions according to the diverse needs of users. If you are interested in our diamond saw blades, please contact us immediately!