- Issue Time
In order to ensure the quality and safety of sawing, we need to use and sharpen circular saw blades correctly. This article will specifically introduce the methods and precautions for using and sharpening circular saw blades.
In order to ensure the quality and safety of sawing, the circular saw blade must be used correctly and sharpened in time. This is to prevent the saw blade and teeth of the circular saw blade from being worn out due to improper operation, thereby affecting the sawing effect. The followings are the methods and precautions for using and sharpening circular saw blades.
Precautions for use
In order for the saw blade to exert its best performance, it must be used in strict accordance with the specifications. The following are the matters needing attention during the operation.
1. The alloy blade of the circular saw blade has a sharp and hard cutting edge. Therefore, the alloy blade must be carefully protected from damage during the movement, installation, or disassembly of the saw blade.
2. Check whether the main shaft of woodworking machinery has deformation, vibration, axis deflection, and other important parameters, to avoid unstable machinery from affecting the cutting quality, and regularly check the radial runout (0.02mm) of the machine spindle and the deviation range (0.01mm).
3. The operator must wear protective glasses and install a protective cover on the woodworking machinery.
4. The sawdust on the saw blade, spindle, and flange must be cleaned to prevent improper errors from affecting the cutting quality.
5. The size of the flange is 1/3 of the diameter of the saw blade (multi-blade saws should use 1/2 of the flange). The sawing effect is better (especially thin saw blades) so that the saw blade runs more smoothly.
It is very important to sharpen the circular saw blade in time, because when a saw blade with a dull edge is working, it is easy to cause the saw blade to shake due to the increase in resistance, and at the same time increase the motor load, which will damage both the saw blade and the machine. If you continue to cut without sharpening, every 10% increase in the cutting amount will bring about an additional 50% of the alloy damage, thereby shortening the service life of the saw blade.
Therefore, we must frequently remove the resin, debris and other debris gathered on the side of the sawtooth because the continuous accumulation of adhesives will increase resistance and cause high energy consumption (in extreme cases, it will cause the burning of the machine motor) and rough Cutting quality.
If the cutting edge is blunt at the same time, it may cause damage to the saw teeth. When storing, it should be placed separately, not stacked on a metal object, preferably in the original carton, so that it can be moved and taken for sharpening.
When the following situations occur, sharpening should be done in time:
(1) When the sawing surface no longer meets the requirements
(2) When the energy consumption of the machine tool increases significantly or it is difficult to promote cutting
(3) When the edge of the cutting material is obviously cracked
(4) When the alloy cutting edge wear reaches 0.2mm
Sharpening circular saw blades requires a precise, stable, vibration-free sharpening machine and a suitable diamond sharpening wheel. sharpening the alloy head in accordance with the prescribed operating procedures will extend the service life of the saw blade. Please do not use hand-operated blade grinding equipment，cleaning agent must be used to clean the resin, debris and other debris stuck on the saw blade before sharpening.
We also need and regularly remove the dirt on the surface of the sawtooth to ensure the sawing effect. If you want to learn more about circular saw blades after reviewing the above content, you can contact us for a professional solution
As a professional manufacturer of multifunctional electric equipment and accessories, we have accumulated rich design and manufacturing experience in this field. We have a strict quality inspection system that can control the quality of our products in an all-round way. Our excellent products and considerate service have won many praises and trust from customers. If you are interested in our circular saw blades, please contact us immediately!